Past Features

November 8, 2012

Fox News -- November 7, 2014   
    Staggering statistics that show nearly a half-million people were caught trying to enter the U.S. illegally -- and more than half were not Mexican, a number far higher than in 2013 -- reportedly were posted on a U.S. government website for just a few hours last month before being taken down.
According to the Center for Investigative Reporting, the numbers were posted on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website on Oct. 10 for roughly five hours. The dramatic numbers raised questions over whether they were yanked to protect the administration before key midterm elections.
    Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, told the Center he's worried "they may have been taken down for purely political reasons."
"If the information is ready it should be made available. The idea that it was and then yanked down for political reasons is outrageous," he said.

|